In the same way, we welcome a new baby into our families at birth, we welcome them into their family of faith, the Church, with a new birth in water and the Holy Spirit. We remember that God himself came as a baby to save us — he was helpless, vulnerable, and dependent on the love and guidance of his earthly parents. As parents and family, we nurture the faith of our newest member.
Infant baptism refers to anyone 6 years old or younger. For children older than 7 years old, the child must attend the Religious Education Program prior to being baptized. All adults 18 years or older will receive baptism through the RCIA program (sacraments for adults). Because baptism leaves an indelible (not to be erased) mark on the soul, we don’t re-baptize anyone who has had a Christian baptism that involved water and the words of baptism. Catholics recognize most other Christian baptisms.
Our Baptisms are on Sundays at 2:00 pm. We offer ceremonies in English and Spanish on certain Sundays of the month. The baptismal class, the required paperwork, and the baptism donation must be completed prior to confirming the date. Our suggested donation is $300. Thank you for your generosity and support.
Baptism is not a private act and our Parish does not offer private baptisms but we limit to three families per ceremony, when necessary.
In order to start the process, please complete the Baptism Application (see link below) and have the Godparent print and fill out the Godparent Form and have the form signed and sealed by the Pastor/Administrator of the Parish in which the Godparent is registered and attend mass.
We’ll contact you shortly. For any other questions, please contact our Sacrament Coordinator, Cybele Chamas by phone at (305) 233-8711 ext. 116, or email email@example.com
Music, food, or decorations are not allowed during the baptism ceremony. To inquire about space rentals, please call (305) 233-8711, ext. 111 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend contacting the office at least six weeks in advance.
- Baptisms are scheduled on certain Sundays of the month at 2:00 pm. We offer ceremonies in English and Spanish.
- We ask the parents and godparents to arrive by 1:30 pm.
- The ceremony should last about 30 to 45 minutes.
- The baby or child should wear light colors to the baptism to symbolize the innocence and purity celebrated in the ceremony.
- The suggested donation for the Baptism begins at $300.00. Please make your safe donation online “give one-time” “baptism” GIVE ONLINE
Parents, please bring these documents with you to the office or submit by email:
- Baptism Application (complete online)
- Child’s Birth Certificate (not hospital birth record)
- Copy of Photo ID of both parents
- Baptism Certificates of both parents (or at least one parent)
- Godparents’ sponsor letter signed and sealed by the Pastor/Administrator of the church in which the Godparent is registered and attends mass
- Baptism online course completion by the Parents and the Godparents and the certificate of completion
- Interview with Deacon or Priest (to be scheduled at a later time)
If the parents are not registered parishioners at Holy Rosary – Saint Richard or live outside the boundaries of our parish, please bring a permission letter from your home parish.
For parents who have full custody of the child, please submit the court document. If one of the parents is not Catholic or does not live with the child, and will not be attending the Baptism, please bring a notarized authorization letter in which this parent gives his/her consent for the child to be baptized and brought up as a Roman Catholic.
- Be a practicing Catholic with good standing with the Church
- Have received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation
- Have been married in the Catholic Church, if married
- Be sixteen years of age or older
- Not be the child’s parents
- Complete the baptism online course and email certificate of completion
Godparents must submit their certificate of confirmation and/or the Sponsor Letter signed and sealed by their Priest and Church where they attend mass regularly.
Only one Godparent is necessary. A non-Catholic person may serve as witness as long as there is one Godparent who meets all of the requirements.
Parents and Godparents are required to complete a baptismal online course and submit the certificate of completion.
Please follow the below instructions.
- Click “Shop”
- Click “Sacramental Preparation”
- Choose online version “Belonging – Baptism in the Family of God” ( You can choose either English or Spanish)
- When participants set up the account, all names (mother, father, and godparents) should be listed at that time. For example, it would look like this: First Name: John, Jane, Alice; Last Name: Smith, Smith, Lopez). Once you register, send the link to the Godparents to complete the course.
- If you encounter any problems with the certificate or with your purchase, please call 1-800-376-0520 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm Est)
Para toda las informaciones en Español pulse aquí