In the same way we welcome a new baby into our families at birth, we welcome them into their family of faith, the Church, with a new birth in water and the Holy Spirit. We remember that God himself came as a baby to save us — he was helpless, vulnerable and dependent on the love and guidance of his earthly parents. As parents and family, we nurture the faith of our newest member.
Infant baptism refers to anyone 7 years old or younger. For children older than 7 years old, the child must attend the Religious Education Program prior to being baptized. All adults 18 years or older will receive baptism through the RCIA program. . Because baptism leaves an indelible (not to be erased) mark on the soul, we don’t re-baptize anyone who has had a Christian baptism that involved water and the words of baptism. Catholics recognize most other Christian baptisms.
The baptismal class and all necessary paperwork must completed before the baptism is scheduled. Donations should be made prior to baptism.
If you need any additional information or have any other questions regarding infant baptism, please contact Maria de Lourdes (Marilu) Rodriguez during office hours on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Call (305) 233-8711 ext. 116, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend contacting the office at least six weeks in advanced
- Baptisms are scheduled for Sundays at 2:00 PM
- Baptisms in English will be scheduled on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month
- Baptisms in Spanish will be reserved for the 2nd Sunday of the month
- The suggested donation for a Baptism begins at $300.00. You can make your donation by visiting our secure online giving platform Faith Direct.
Parents, please bring these documents with you to the office:
- Baptism Application
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Photo ID of both parents
If the parents are not parishioners or live outside the boundaries, please bring a permission letter from your home parish.
If one of the parents is not Catholic or does not live with the child, and will not be attending the Baptism, please bring a notarized authorization letter in which this parent gives his/her consent for the child to be baptized or notarized baptism application.
- be a practicing Catholic with good standing the Church
- have received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation
- have been married in the Catholic Church, if married
- be sixteen years of age or older
- not be the child’s parents
- attend the baptismal class
- complete the Godparent Form
Only one godparent is necessary. A non-Catholic person may serve as witness as long as there is one godparent who meets all of the requirements.
Parents and godparents are required to attend a mandatory pre-baptismal instruction class that lasts approximately 2 hours. If a parent or godparent does not live in Miami, that person can attend the pre-baptismal class either online or at a parish in their area. If they choose to do the latter, they must bring a letter or certificate from that parish stating that he/she has received the pre-baptismal instruction.
For now, baptismal class is only being offered online until further notice.
- Click “Shop”
- Click “Sacramental Preparation”
- Choose “Belonging – Baptism in the Family of God” ( You can choose either English or Spanish)
Para Español pulse aquí