We suggest you contact the office about Baptism at least 6 weeks in advance
Baptisms are scheduled for Sundays at 2:00 PM
Holy Rosary-St. Richard celebrates the Sacrament of Baptism for those families who are registered and active members at HRSR or who live within our parish boundaries.
If the child is six (6) years old or younger, the Baptism will be done at the Regular Community Baptisms, and all paperwork referenced below needs to be brought to the Parish Office. If the child is seven (7) years or older, the child must attend the Religious Education Program prior to being baptized.
One of the parents MUST come to the office to submit the application form along with all documents and bring a copy of a valid photo I.D. of BOTH parents. When you fill out the form, please write clearly and legibly.
If the father or the mother does not live with the child, or he/she is not Catholic, and will not be present at the Baptism, please bring a notarized authorization letter in which that person gives his/her permission for the child to be baptized. THIS IS AN INDISPENSABLE REQUIREMENT.
FOR NOW, AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, SPANISH BAPTISMS ARE NOT OFFERED.
- If the parents are not parishioners of HRSR and do not live within the boundaries of the parish, bring a permission letter from your home parish to baptize your child here.
- Birth certificate of the child. The birth certificate is required to reserve a date. The hospital birth record will NOT be accepted.
- Godparents: – please click here and download the Godparent/Sponsor Form please fill it out, and have it signed and sealed by the priest AT YOUR CHURCH. If you cannot provide this, bring a copy of your Confirmation certificate and a sponsor letter from your church.
Parents and godparents of the child to be baptized, must receive instructions on the meaning of the sacrament and the obligations attributed to it. Parents and godparents are required to attend a mandatory pre-baptismal instruction class that lasts approximately 2 hours. If a parent or godparent does not live in Miami, that person can attend the pre-baptismal class at a parish in their area and bring a letter or certificate from that parish stating that he / she has received the pre-baptismal instruction.
For now, baptismal class is only being offered on-line until further notice.
- Click “Study Programs
- Click “Sacramental Preparation”
- Choose “Belonging – Baptism in the Family of God” ( You can choose either English or Spanish)
HRSR Church relies upon your generosity to continue its mission.
The suggested donation for a Baptism begins at $300.00. You can make your donation by visiting our secure online giving platform Faith Direct.